Hash oil – also known as Cannabis Extract Oil or RSO – is a common cannabis extract that is processed by many home-growers using their trim (cut off, trichome-covered leaves) or bud. To put it simply, hash oil is the resin of a cannabis plant mixed with a small amount of solution. In a good scenario, when it is finished the solution will be separated from the hash oil. Find below the steps to make your DIY Ejuice.
- Go to the nearest liquor store and buy some high-strength vodka or rum. Any brand of almost pure ethanol, distilled by regular distillation, popularly used by people to make their alcoholic drinks and liqueurs – never, ever drink this stuff straight. And make sure it is consumed by diluting with something else.
- Grind up weed: If your cannabis is ground as finely as possible you can get the most out of this process. You can just soak the leaves whole and achieve satisfactory results, but grinding the weed will allow the alcohol to get the most out of all the plant fiber. Only place the marijuana in a blender, and let it run until the substance is pulverized thoroughly.
- Soak the ground marijuana in the alcohol by putting the freshly-mulched weed in an airtight, sealable jar or container and pouring the alcohol over it until it’s completely sealed. The amount of crushed and shredded cannabis you have dictates the amount of alcohol you are using; if you have 8 grams of marijuana, it will possibly take 2 to 5 ounces of alcohol to fully cover and submerge your weed-don’t overdo the amount of alcohol because it just means it will take longer to evaporate and using too little will reduce the potency. The mixture needs to sit for a minimum of 24 hours. The alcohol is binding agents, and the THC and other cannabinoids isolate adhere to the alcohol from the soaking plant material. When you use premium cannabis, the alcohol would turn greenish, or brownish if it is marijuana of lesser quality.
- Filter out the plant fiber: Pour the liquid into another jar through a coffee filter. It will extract the plant fiber and give you a mixture of green alcohol which contains marijuana alcohol and the active ingredients.
- Allow alcohol to evaporate: patience is required for this step, leaving the alcohol-weed mix for 24-48 hours in an open bowl or unsealed container and allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
- Finally, after a little time, you would end up with a black, thick oily residue – that would be your hash oil. You can drizzle over some cannabis leaf from there, and smoke it in a bowl. Or you can put a spoon of hash oil, heat the spoon, and inhale the smoke through a straw. You can use and enjoy it pretty much the same way you use your vape hash oil. Only make sure that all the alcohol evaporated before lighting it up since the alcohol is extremely flammable! And your resealable container should keep the hash oil moist when you’re not smoking it and prevent it from drying or losing steam.
Cannabis oil is remarkably flexible and can be applied topically, swallowed or inhaled. It is possible to also add a little flavoring to it if you know what you are doing. You can get the best flavors from www.flavorah.com. Flavorah is a quality brand with a variety of flavors.